TIFA’s mission is to recognize, reward and expose talented photographers from around the world and introduce them to the creative community in Japan. Photographers from all corners of the world are encouraged to enter their work.
Click here for more information.
Few landscapes convey Nature in all of its untamed splendor like the Arctic. Fewer still conjure respect like the seldom traveled and ethereal North Pole. Yet, sadly, this largely pristine and mostly misconceived treasure is now in jeopardy. Sebastian Copeland’s noble goal in these pages is to pay homage to this wonderland, and, in turn, draw awareness to its perilous plight. Copeland’s multi-faceted background—not only as polar explorer and award-winning photographer, established author and journalist, but also as a dedicated environmental activist—offers us a unique vantage point from which to appreciate this lonely spot. Surely, this is the last true wilderness on the planet—and its demise should ring the alarm for the lower latitudes. Copeland’s authority on the subject is unparalleled and, in this book, his passion for this place truly shines. Although the vision presented in these pages may be poetic, the book’s aims are pragmatic—to seduce and inspire the world in order to help foster a market transformation towards a sustainable future.
SEBASTIAN COPELAND is internationally renowned as a photographer, polar explorer, author, and environmental activist. His first book won him the IPA’s Photographer of the Year award. His award winning documentary, Into the Cold, premiered at the 2010 Tribeca Film Festival. He lectures across the globe to prestigious audiences such as the United Nations and The World Affairs Council about systemic changes in the Polar regions. In 2015, Sebastian was named one of the world’s top 50 adventurous men.
- A worthy tribute to one of the most beautiful places on Earth
- Sure to appeal to both eco-warriors and photographic aesthetes alike
- A comprehensive visual record of the North Pole from one of the world’s top photographers, including a foreword by Sir Richard Branson and accompanying texts by Dr. Andrew Weaver, Dr. Ted Scambos, Mayor Eric Garcetti, Sheila Watt-Cloutier and Børge Ousland
- Also available as Collector’s Edition – Limited Edition of 100 copies. Fascinating nature photography in a premium collector’s edition. The finely crafted slipcase includes a portfolio with one of two signed and numbered photo prints.
€ 2.000 – Pre-Publication price until December 31, 2015: € 1.750
- ITB Berlin BookAward 2016 in the category Travel Coffee Table Book
Photos © 2015 Sebastian Copeland. All rights reserved. www.sebastiancopeland.com