Spanning over a decade of his portrait work, showing some of the most dynamic, influential, and controversial figures in modern politics, popular culture, sports, entertainment, technology, science, space travel, and global culture, Money People Politics is an electrifying retrospective from renowned contemporary photographer, Marco Grob. Whether a candid moment of vulnerability, raw emotion, or the direct, unadulterated gaze, Grob’s portraits are uniquely ennobling, but ultimately human. Through his autonomous and intimate photographic process with each special personality that has impacted and shaped recent culture, the photographer has been granted a rare and privileged “front row seat to history.” Wholly passionate and committed to his craft that began as a beloved hobby over 30 years ago, Marco Grob believes that when you “carry a camera, you carry a responsibility.”
Born in Olten, Switzerland, MARCO GROB worked for 20 years as a still life photographer before deciding to focus entirely on people and portrait photography in 2003. In addition to successful commercial work in the film and advertising industries, Marco’s work appears regularly in magazines like TIME, GQ, Vogue, Esquire, The New York Times Magazine, Wired, and New York Magazine. His work has earned him numerous awards throughout his career, including an Emmy Award and a prestigious Hasselblad Masters Award in 2007. Mr. Grob lives in New York, but follows his work around the world.
- This book accompanies an exhibition to be held at the Museum of National History in Denmark from August 2016 to January 2017, to be opened by HRH Crown Prince Frederik and HRH Crown Princess Mary
- Important portraiture from the last 10 to 15 years shown together for this first time in this instantly timeless photography collection; subjects include Stephen Hawking, the Dalai Lama, and Hollywood elite
- Poignant and dedicated quotes from some of Marco Grob’s luminary subjects as Astronaut Scott Kelly and Vice President Joe Biden are special features of this grand photography tome
- The cover is a highlight on its own―it includes three motives in a lenticular image
- Design by Creative Direction Charles Blunier & Co.
- Exhibition and book signings to be announced soon
- Also available as Collector’s Edition soon