Artist and designer Luke Edward Hall, based in London, has taken the design world by storm with his playful, nostalgic, charming, and sophisticated interiors, fabrics, ceramics, furniture, stationery, prints, drawings, and paintings.
With a strong belief that his artwork, décor, and interior design convey “happiness and optimism,” whimsical and romantic themes and a bright color palette are purposeful hallmarks of the wunderkind’s aesthetic. Before the age of 30, Luke has already collaborated with some of the world’s most prestigious creative brands and garnered acclaim from The New York Times, Vogue, and many of the most influential arts, design, and fashion publications. teNeues is proud to debut the exciting, beautiful, and exuberant first monograph of the brilliant Luke Edward Hall.
After graduating from the esteemed Central Saint Martins, Luke Edward Hall began his career in interior design before establishing his own studio in 2015, and has since worked across a broad range of art and design commissions and interior design projects. He has expanded his portfolio to design collections of housewares, table linens, ceramics, stationery, embroidered slippers, clothing, and jewelry, and more. Burberry, Liberty London, Svenskt Tenn, Rowing Blazers, Christie’s, and the Royal Academy of London are among his notable clientele.
Luke has exhibited his artwork in London and Stockholm and contributed art pieces and his writings to such lauded culture magazines as Cabana, House & Garden, and Pleasure Garden. He is currently a regular columnist for the House & Home section of the Financial Times. www.lukeedwardhall.com
Incl. 3 Special Features:
FOLDOUT (pages 66-71)
A 2-sided, 6 paneled-foldout (3 panels of imagery on each side; artwork by Luke Edward Hall)
SKETCHBOOK insert (stapled into spread on pages 118-119)
A mini-booklet (12 pages, 12 x 16 cm), inserted within the Layout of the book, showing preliminary sketches by Luke Edward Hall for his design projects.
DIE-CUT (pages 216-219)
A “picture frame” shape that is cut out of the page (“die-cut”), revealing an illustrated portrait of a man and a woman on either side of the die-cut picture frame shape.
• A kaleidoscopic and visually-inspiring volume that will transport readers to the colorful and eclectic world of the young British art and design mega talent
• Refined English traditions intermingle with idealized motifs of ancient classicism; while delightful elements such as nautical stripes, safari animals, martini glasses, and ice cream cone patterns can be found alongside dreamy, Greek-inspired portraiture and architecture
• Engaging travel writings by the author and lively excerpts from literature reveal the worldly and personal artistic inspirations of Luke Edward Hall’s imagination
• With over 70,000 followers on Instagram, Luke Edward Hall is a social media influencer and a favorite among interior design and art aficionados around the world
• Incl. 3 Special Features (Foldout, Sketchbook-insert, Die-Cut)
Artwork © 2019 Luke Edward Hall. All rights reserved. Marbled paper background © Orhan Cam/Shutterstock.com · Artwork © 2019 Luke Edward Hall. All rights reserved. Photography © Jason Ingram · Artwork © 2019 Luke Edward Hall. All rights reserved. Ben Fisher Photography, courtesy of Masterpiece London · Artwork © 2019 Luke Edward Hall. All rights reserved.· Artwork © 2019 Luke Edward Hall. All rights reserved. Photo © Talisman London · Artwork © 2019 Luke Edward Hall. All rights reserved. Photo © Svenskt Tenn · Artwork © 2019 Luke Edward Hall. All rights reserved. Photography by Billal Taright / © Richard Ginori · Artwork © 2019 Luke Edward Hall. All rights reserved. Photographs of slippers courtesy of Stubbs & Wootton and Clouds (c.1822) by John Constable (painted sky background)